Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I like to write about real life events. I love to write about things that have happened in the past and all the emotions and feelings that go along with it. I would like to spend time on writing that is reflective so I can look back on it. I'm not very good at poetry or song writing so I would like to learn and spend time on that also. A writer that I enjoy is James Frey. When I read his book A Million Little Pieces I felt that he didn't hold anything back. Even though now I know it wasn't all true, I did love the way he wrote.

Metaphor Poem

I am me
I am like the sunrise
always ready to brighten up someones day
I am like wind
I love the freedom to roam and explore
I am like a tornado
determined to conquer anything in my way when I compete
I am like rain
when I need to release what's inside, I never hold anything back
I am like the ocean
calm and collective
I am like lightning
when I become angry, it's quick and then over in a second
I am like water
living life to the fullest, because who knows when it could evaporate

1 comment:

Grace said...

you have way too much time on your hands. But i love you too baby!!