Friday, January 18, 2008

LAST BLOG

1. I enjoyed writing a personal essay because it is something I actually experienced. I loved trying to incorporate my exact feelings when I heard about Paige’s accident. It’s hard to make it seem like it didn’t happen, because everything was so real. I feel like I came up with a lot more ideas when it came to writing a Personal Essay rather than Fiction. I haven’t had many life changing experiences so it was hard to come up with ideas. The only things I could really think of were Paige’s accident and my sisters car accident, which were eye-openers to me in a way. Overall I liked writing my personal essay and I wouldn’t mind writing another one sometime again.

2. Reading is important to a writer because it shows you all different types of stories and ways to write. Whenever I read something, it sparks ideas in my head. As a writer, you need to have experienced the techniques and ideas of other writers to make your own unique. As you read a piece of writing you can see what works and what doesn’t, what is appealing and what is not. When I read something, it either gets my attention right away or I’ll put it down. I think the first chapter or paragraph of a writing piece is the most important. By seeing what other writers do, it can help you succeed as a writer and gain the interest of your own reader.

3.What is your favorite piece that you've written? Talk about why it's your favorite piece.
I liked my poem about Montana. It reminded me of when I was young and I thought I gave a perfect picture on what I was like and how I loved nature as a youngen.

4. Which piece was the greatest challenge for you to write? Explain why.
The play. I have absolutely no experience and it was difficult to know what to even write it about.

What has been your favorite genre? Explain your thoughts.
Poems. I felt like a was very creative when I started writing them. At first I thought it was going to be impossible but then I loved writing them!

Is there a piece you wrote that, in reflection, you didn't care for? Explain.
No I think every one of my pieces are important.

What skill from Creative Writing do you think you will use in other forms of writing/outside of class. Tell why.
I’ve always loved to write but I’ve only written journals and essays. I loved writing poems and it was so fun to make them into something important to me. I think reading other people’s pieces has made me a stronger writer because now I know what makes a piece interesting.

5. QUIZ
Coke or Pepsi: Coke
Li'l Wayne or Little Debbie: Li'l Wayne
McDonald's or Arby's: McDonalds
Chiptole or Taco Bell: Chipotle
American Idol or MTV: American Idol
Buffalo Wings or Florida: BOTH
New York City or Los Angeles: Los Angeles
Name you like for your future daughter: Ava, Charley, Taylor
Name you like for your future son: Jackson, Tyler
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: Australia
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: Finding Nemo
5. Can you figure out what Disney movie my blog title comes from? no idea.

No comments: